for 1 pint
3 cups cashews, ½ cup (65 g) if simply making sufficient for the ice cream (390 g)
¼ cup water (60 mL)
1 ¼ cups natural sugar (250 g)
4 tablespoons cocoa butter
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut milk (240 mL)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean
Table of Contents
ice cream maker
- Place the cashews in a huge bowl. Add sufficient room-temperature water to cover the cashews. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and soak in a single day.
- Place the bowl of an ice cream device within the freezer in a single day.
- Add the cashews and soaking water to a blender. Blend, beginning on low velocity and growing to excessive until clean and frothy, about 40 seconds. Strain right into a huge bowl through a satisfactory-mesh sieve or cheesecloth.
- Reserve 1 cup (240 ml) of cashew milk for the ice cream and store the relaxation inside the refrigerator for as much as per week for some other use.
- In a small saucepan over medium warmness, combine the water and sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until the combination is apparent, about 2 mins. Whisk in the cocoa butter, coconut oil, and salt. Remove the pan from the warmth and set apart.
- In a blender, integrate the cashew milk and coconut milk. Blend on low pace. With the blender strolling, pour inside the sugar mixture to emulsify. Continue until properly-mixed, about 2 mins.
- Pour the combination right into a big metallic bowl and blend within the vanilla extract. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla bean and whisk to mix.
- Chill the base in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Add the chilled base to the ice cream maker and churn for 1 hour, or as long as the system requires, till thick and creamy.
- Transfer the ice cream to a loaf pan and freeze overnight.
- Scoop and serve immediately.